I'm sure Blown_Imp and teaboy have both made tools out of mole grips or similar to create the ridge which would stop boost pipes detatching
Ah, I knew I'd forgotten something! I've got a modified set of mole grips like those, but was only planning to do it on the boosted side. I figure the filter side doesn't need as beefy of a seal.
It's time for the first 'new' update (or not on my previous thread anyway).
5th December 2020
One of the issues I'd discovered as I put the intake pipe together was that the fitting for the thermostat-to-radiator pipe exited into it, so a little dogleg was needed. It's hard to get a picture, but it fouls by about 15mm which can't be flexed around this close to the fitting.
So here's the little dogleg...
...and the lower radiator pipe.
Ideally I'd have a radiator with swapped sides for inlet and outlet, but alloy radiators for these are big money (the ones I've found anyway). Still need to come up with a fan temp switch solution though as I don't think these have a fitting for that.
I also exorcised some rust from underneath the bumper mounts.
Lastly, I scalloped some bits of the front bumper to clear the intercooler boost pipes and plastic welded them up again. It looks a complete and total mess as I did it with a soldering iron, but I've tried various heat gun-style plastic welders and never really got on with them and a soldering iron gives a strong bond.
Clearance is still quite tight, but I can't really go much more. Will probably add some padding between the two in case the pipes swell too much under boost.