I've now sorted out the ride height problem, along with a few other bits and bobs.
I decided that there was only really going to be one way of sorting out the rediculous lowness at the front and that was to bring the rear down to suit .
Having already taken the rear down as far as possible in terms of spring length and shock location another solution was required. Obviously, it was staring me in the face; cut the mount off the bottom of the shock and re-weld it back on further up the side of the tube! That got me the extra 50mm I was looking for - job done.
The front arches have now been removed, wings trimmed (again) for clearance and arches re-fitted, so it now has lock to lock steering without arch fouling. Rears needed the spacers losing to get clearance, so that was simple.
Dash cowl has been knocked up and fitted.
Number plate recess has been moved to the bumper; to allow for the new exhaust which has been fab'd .
Wheels have been painted.
Body is nearly ready for a slosh of paint......
I know this is all irrelevant without pictures, but you're not getting any just yet! This will be on the Status:Error stand at the Gathering, so you'll have to wait until then I'm afraid! (this is dependent on being able to get it onto a trailer though, as it now has a whopping 20mm ground clearance!)
What's that? Oh, OK; you can have ONE picture..... just a wheel shot, mind.....
just read this from start to finish , I used to work on one of these at my old garage years ago when they first came out and I have to say I never ever thought I'd see anybody make one into anything worthy of my attention.... it would appear I was wrong! haha
Well done on the fresh thinking , very unlikely base vehicle , very mental project! I love it. lol
OK, so I know I said you weren't getting any more pics before the Gathering, but I lied.....
Had a bit of a nightmare throwing some paint at it. The plastic primer I put aside to do it has been lurking in my paint cupboard for months and had pretty much gone off, but my ever-shortening timeframe meant I was left with no option other than make do and try and get it on the car . Mixed up it sprayed like aerosol glue and even thinned down within an inch of its life it was clear it was going to look a bit awful! Just to add to the fun, I didn't have enough to build it up and flat it back. So on it went.....
Fortunately the colour coat was fine and I'm typing this whilst it dries enough to get a second coat on. It looks decidedly orange peely, thanks to the primer, but it might flat back later (if I can be bothered).
Anyway, have a couple of progress pics as a thanks for stopping by once again to catch up with this rediculous project!