Well, i have managed to get my truck and most of my stuff from my X wifes house. The truck has a new temporary house. Work have let me put it in 1 of our workshops. So i can now start getting the truck finished off.
To be honest, it's not too far of. Need to drill and nut insert the top of the chassis rails. Then paint the chassis. Then, the rebuild can begin.
Need to buy new rear wheel bearings and axle seals. That's about all i need to buy.
Anyway, I have a few photos of the truck to remind everyone how it looks
Well this week we started the rebuild. Got the suspension brackets fitted. The 4 link bars had the threads cleaned and rose joints fitted. Then the axle was wheeled in place. The 4 bars where then fitted.
The rear air bags where put into place as well as the rear shocks and the check straps. The anti-roll bar went on and 1 of the air tanks.
Well this week we have managed to get the axle squared up and bolted tight. The 4 bars are all set to the correct length, the triangular track locator bar is in place and set to the correct length. We have also fitted the lower cross brace between the suspension mounting plates. Also the rear mudguard brackets are in place.
Another job we have managed to get done is fitting the twin air tanks along with the water trap's and run most of the air lines.
The rear calipers fitted with new pads, Half shafts fitted, Handbrake cables and electronic motor, Braided brake hoses, The exhaust system, Side in fill panels, only on to align everything, they need a bit more work then paint before they stay on
The left hand exhaust is a dummy exhaust, it's actually a diesel tank for the Eberspacher night heater. Had to be matching to the real exhaust system on the right-hand side. Nice tear drop slash cut ends.
Remember everything you see had been home made or modified.
Well it's been a minute since the last updated. Life has this lovely little habit of throwing curve balls not 1 at a time but more than is possible to count.
Anyway some bits have been done but nothing major, the infill panels have now been fully welded and ground smooth. We have also drilled holes ready for the stainless steel exhaust heat shield's to be bolted on.
I have had news from Norfolk Classic Resurrections that the rear mudguards are done and I must say they have turned out amazing.
I also put a transit crewcab next to my truck to see the difference's. Just a small difference.