I decided to upgrade all the transmission, as I broke it all lol. I will go into more detail on that another time. For now, I wanted to fit my new rear anodized alloy rear axle. I already guessed it wouldn't be a completely bolt on experience so ordered other nice shiny parts so I could just go at it all at the same time.
Apart from the track being a bit wider with the new axle, most people wont be able to tell its not standard.
One of the problems with the rear suspension on these is the pivots on the rear coilover units are the wrong way. So turning this 90 degrees was needed. I then cut away some of the rear chassis/tub and made some more brackets to fit my new rear dampers too.
I've got a lot of tidying, finishing etc and making new infill panels. I just went full attack mode with the dremel to make some room.
Also might have to rethink the front dampers. If i use the other set like I used on the back, they will either have to top mount to tubular loop mounts protruding through holes in the bonnet, or its going to need a 1 inch body lift. I consider a 2 inch bodylift to look awfull on a full size shogun so not happy with either of these solutions.