I got the wing back from Robinson Race Cars, built to my spec, shown here with the mock up spill plates,
Some of the end fittings for the wing,
Cutting the chrome moly aero tube, you don't wanna ask how much this stuff costs but it has to look right, eh?
Letting the ends into the tubes,
and all built & fitted to car, with new spill plates,
additional bracing had to be taken to the roll cage,
and a frame made up to fit under the boot hump to take the downforce (it can generate up to half a ton of pressure, depending on wing angle), this had to be done in 3 sections to get it around the body braces and seatbelt mount areas.
And the brace fitted into the car, bolted into reinforced sections of the rear tubs,
Hi and welcome back to the next episode of Anglia modding
Now that the rear wing is finished (damn it looks good ;D ;D) its on to more mundane stuff again, like door gaps........which were too big....tape gives a guide of the gap size.
So some 1/2" x 1/8" flat bar was welded to the door edge,
and trimmed back to the correct gap,
Moving forward on the car, the glass flip front now needed to be fitted properly, the first job was to get the rear of the wings supported properly, so I made up these bolt on supports, with nylon skid plates on them, (which will be bolted in csk holes).
Next, the front was not equal on both sides, so the tyre/arch gap was too tight on the drivers side, so the arch had to be cut out & moved up 3/4"
Clamped in place,
ground out and glassed in on both sides,
More work on this in a later episode..............
going back to metalwork, a job I'd been toying with for a while, fired up the grinder & took off the top half of the gutters, now they are easier to paint behind and modern car size.
and fully seam welded to body,
Door trims all epoxy primed at this point too.
Bonnet scoop after 5 sessions of sanding/filler/sanding/filler....... just the inside to smooth out now,
and that the end of tonights show folks, be sure to tune in to the next exciting episode, lol ;D ;D