i have an old inntertube for random gasketing (of non fuel safe variety) it does get used slowly (life time supply !)
why does it have so many takeoffs anyway, is it comparmentalised inside due to its shape, for anti-slooshing-around ?
I'm sure ill slowly use up the roll for other uses just not fuel.
There does seem to be quite a few holes in it but they all serve a purpose, 2 of them are vents with tip over valves in one at each end of the tank, there is the level sender unit. the fuel pump and then the fill port.
its not compartmentalised but does have a few baffels.
With the car the correct way up and after the minor interlude with the fuel tank i can get to the last 2 arches. I needed to order more Raptor as i used more than expected on the rest of the car. First up more masking to do
And seam sealer to apply.
That finished off the last of the tub, which is convenient as i shouldnt need any more now for a while.
In the spirit of prepping i got the rack pulled off so i could access a few areas a bit better, it will also be getting a rebuild before going back on.
A few days later i got the Raptor applied. So fingers crossed thats the last of it.
In the mean time the brake disks arrived.
I did order all blueprint ones but seem to have had the rear ones substituted, no idea on the Stark brand i guess they are autodoc’s own or something like that. Will be going on anyway and i’ll see how they last.
We can now fit the disks and start measuring up how and where the calipers are going to fit. I have done the maths on it but id rather check that manually before machining out the adapters.
Here you can see the size difference in the original vs new fronts
And the rears
The only concern is just how much room the rears are going to have, its going to be very tight.
On with the calipers i bought some stickers for the front ones and figured id stick the spares on the rear ones. To do that though the casting flash needs removing.
And after a bit of hand filing.
Yea its probably going a bit far but why not have some fun with it.
I chucked everything in the blaster and spent a few hours in the dusty, noisy hell that the shed becomes while blasting in there.
They come out looking good though. Zinc epoxy powder on first.
And then the fronts gets a light coat of black and the stickers go onto that. The idea being that the stickers get removed after the final coat has flowed out and leaves the black text.
Then the final colour. Which you will get to see later