Well big mile stone this week. The rear mudguards are finally done. As well as the drivers side infill panel.
Once the panel was fitted at the front and the body lines lined up we set the top rear of the panel. We then needed to set the lower rear part. With this set a hole was drilled in the lower lip and a plate was welded to a bit of round bar. This has now been welded to the rear panel baracket.
Once the panel was solid we set about trimming the infill panel for clearance to the mudguard. Once this was done we rolled a panel and welded it to the end of the panel.
This has made the infill panel rock solid. The body lines are extremely close. It looks a little of due to the C-piller not having the lines in.
An early update this week as we are not working tomorrow evening.
Another mile stone hit this week. We have finished of the left hand infill panel. After a lot of cutting, followed by miles of welding and plenty of sanding the panel is done. Mounted and sitting just as we wanted it.
So we set about making a start on the exhaust system.
Well this week we carried on with the exhaust system, its been extremely challenging to get it routed where we needed.
2.5" stainless Steel with proper 90° diary bends, we use the diary bends as they clean up nice and they are easy to use.
The drivers side exit its a tear drop shape and will sit nicely out the rear of the side infill panel. There will be a matching 1 on the passenger side. We will be making a nice trim once everything is in place.
The exhaust pipe will sit nicely between the air tank and the side infill panel.
Well nothing to exciting this week. We have now fully welded the exhaust system apart from the tail trim. The welds have been sanded down and are all smooth. Just need to work out the exhaust mounts and get them made.
So its a big step forward but not much to talk about. The split in the pipe is due to it not sitting quite how we wanted it so cut run the disc cutter into the exhaust and pulled it over. This will be welded and cleaned up.