I've been progressing the engine, cleaning and checking. I now have all the parts I need except the rings, which are on the way. The hydraulic cam followers have been stripped and had repeated trips through my ultrasonic bath which is heated, so a hot solvent clean. They have been a pain but are now cleaned and re-assembled. The block has been cleaned, threads chased and given a couple of coats of brushed epoxy followed by badly applied enamel. I should have used 2k but this was so much easier than sheeting everything down for a block that can hardly be seen when it's in the car ( I know, idle git). The picture is before I razored off the excess on flanges etc.
Progress has been a bit slow of late due to other stuff (that is Mrs Crockpot has found her "to do" list) plus it looks like there will be a wait for rings as they are a bit on the rare side. I have been abusing my heated ultrasonic bath again after I found that a piston/rod would fit in. Results are as shown. Excuse the scruffy background!
The crank has been cleaned thoroughly and fitted in the block. Torqued and all spins very nicely. It's not quite as packed in as it looks but I am getting pushed for space!
The injectors are away for cleaning/checking at a local race specialists I found by accident. Head is being cleaned at the moment after the intakes were given a quick clean up with my die grinder. Nothing drastic just a bowl blend and flash removal. The valves and seats are in really good condition, just encrusted with crud (no surprises there!).