Joe Lucas, Prince Of Darkness: British Electrical System Jokes
What better way to while away the lazy hours than with a collection of jokes and anecdotes, depicting the joys of Lucas electrical systems?
Joe Lucas — or, more accurately, the company bearing his name — engineered electrical bits for pretty much everything emanating from the UK, and the notorious unreliability of Lucas components played a key role in the British car industry.
"If Lucas made guns, wars would not start".
• The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."
• Lucas is the patent holder for the short circuit.
• Lucas - Inventor of the first intermittent wiper.
• Lucas - Inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.
• The three-position Lucas switch - Dim, Flicker and Off.
• The Original Anti-Theft Device - Lucas Electrics.
• Lucas is an acronym for Loose Unsoldered Connections and Splices