I was wrong! Very very wrong! The bike carbs leaked terribly, the 28/36 throttle shaft was the wrong diameter so I eventually got lucky by finding another carb in much better condition but the main reason for being so quiet is because I have been rather busy!
last October I got married! It was a brilliant day I managed to sneak the cortina into my vows - as did my wife!
2 days after we were married we completed on our house so we now have our own home! Complete with a home for Tina but other DIY projects got in the way before I could mover her in! The garage got a full makeover prior to this but I cant find the photos but it's bigger than the one tina used to live in which is making life much easier - I even have room for my Lathe.
I had another thread on here trying to work out the problems of not getting spark but thankfully that's been resolved and Tina now runs - but the mixutre is very lean as it wont run unless there is some throttle down so I have an air leak - possibly from the vacuum advance as I tried to block it off using a self tapping screw - perhaps something like resin might help???
As I've mentioned in recent posts I'm getting some electrical problems which I'd thought I'd address today as I was off work...
I managed to sort the sidelights and was onto sorting the indicators as the left was on all the time when all of a sudden everything got very hot
I don't know what happened or why I'm just throughly disappointed in myself and now I need to start again pulling the loom out and figuring out what needs replacing but being unsure whether it what I am doing is right
I like the car but I feel like everything is a fight with it and I'm definitely not wining
looks like only one wire, hopefully not too difficult to fix you may even be able to cut it out and replace in situ., A bit late now but a tip for the future is to put a 25A fuse between the battery and it's cable when trouble shooting lights etc.
So in the last few months since I last posted. The loom was a time consuming process - ultimately rewarding because it's now in and working as you'll beneath;
I've tried to keep it all looking as it was using the same colour wires and uninsulated terminals which I've then used grey heatshrink as ford did.
I did however have a lot of crap to remove!
I've also took it upon myself to move the only fuse fitted to the car to the fuse box with the others
With the loom finished i wanted to check it before I put it back in the car so I knocked up a loom board with some scrap wood and old shelving brackets to act as the earthing points - a quick fettle here and there and it seemed to work!
And after many cups of tea and language that'll mean I need to go apologise to the neighbours it's back in and...
In the middle of the loom rebuild I found a replacement fuel tank that needed some work - it even came with a refurbish kit!
I'll gloss paint it properly when it's going back in for the last time!
I've just come back in from fabricating the new fuel pump bracket - it's welded underneath as I didn't want any bolts going through the boot floor
It's 3 pieces the centre is removable because I'd like to go fuel injection in the future so I don't want a panel that's going to be drilled and redrilled so now I can just make a new centre which is a flat piece of steel
Thanks! I was looking up pin boards and thought I could throw something together - I was even allowed to work on the loom in the house! Despite me vowing to not fill our house with car stuff!
I've been working on an alternator conversion which uses most of the buts you'd use on a crossflow engine but I wanted to do away with the adjuster bracket as they were expensive 2nd hand and they're a bit of a curse word to adjust tension
So I've made this 1 lh thread the other rh using my new 75yr old lathe